Typical role we desire to fill:
Insider Threat Consultant
Job Description: A specialist in insider threat analysis from a human perspective. Someone able to directly consult with and support customer teams.
- Supporting the client’s overall cyber security mission by adding human insider threat risk analysis;
- Collecting and analyzing all-source data to compile strategic papers and/or briefings and presenting findings to project leads/managers and C-Level individuals as a subject matter expert as required;
- Developing insider threat analysis approaches, threat forecasts and threat alerts, and recommending countermeasures;
- Helping clients with insider threat investigations/inquiries and preparing formal reports of findings and recommendations to be delivered to the appropriate organizational levels and authorities; and
- Collaborating with internal corporate organizations to share and collect insider threat data for use in strategic threat assessments, prioritization of resources and development of insider threat lead generation.
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance - Position of Public Trust;
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance if needed (Polygraph may be required);
- 3+ years of relevant work experience;
- Must be an experienced insider threat analyst, with an understanding of cyber security issues (e.g. computer security, networking) and foreign threats (capabilities & intentions) to private and U.S. Government organizations;
- Strong understanding of intelligence analytical methods and sources;
- Should be familiar with common insider threat analysis tools (e.g. Secureonix, ObserveIT, Identrix, Transunion TLOxp, and others);
- Must be able to identify intelligence gaps for a client in current insider threat policies and practices, as well as evaluate and specify collection requirements to fill said gaps;
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team;
- Must be able to work collaboratively across client groups and physical locations;
- Must have working familiarity with Federal Intelligence Community management of information, classification, dissemination and information and records systems; and
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of all Microsoft applications and commonly used analytic software tools (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Cyber counter intelligence experience;
- 3+ years consulting experience;
- Understanding of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and ability to analyze captured data;
- Understanding of effective change management practices; and
- Excellent writing skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field. Equivalent experience can be considered in lieu of education.